Sunday, October 31, 2010

Visiting Old Friends (my paintings)

Friday, I was invited to visit the home of Nancy and Ray H., who now own several of my pieces.  This one hangs in their dining room and is entitled "Mepkin View III".  The scene is one that the monks of Mepkin Abbey get to enjoy daily!  I had gone to the Abbey to see the creches that were displayed during the 2009 holiday season.  I left the creche display with a peaceful feeling, and then I wandered down to the water's edge in the misty rain.  The result was this painting.  That scene has inspired another three paintings (one of which is ALSO owned by this family, and hangs in their parlor, next to the dining room).  It was nice to visit my old friends!
Helen
"Mepkin View III" (Acrylic Mixed Media) by Helen K. Beacham

No comments:

Post a Comment